Friday, June 7, 2013

Pineapple-Blueberry Kale Smoothie - A Surprise Hit!

Today feels like a pretty big day for me as I have officially lost 10lbs since I started changing up my lifestyle a month ago, and I feel stronger every time I go to the gym and I have so much more energy from the foods I'm eating and the activities I'm doing, and goddamn, I am starting to look FINE (k well not completely, but it's all about how you feel that's important right guys? Right. xD )

So anyways, a major part of switching to a healthier lifestyle and losing some lbs. in the process is trying new things - like a LOT of new things for me. But never in a thousand years did I think I'd end up drinking some kind of creamy green concoction and actually LOVING it! Today I thought I'd share this healthy yumminess with you as I go try on my one-size-smaller dresses that now fit once more! (Summer bod, here I come!) Here's the healthy super drink that surprised me in all the good ways:


(And here's the original link where I found it: http://www.fitsugar.com/Flat-Belly-Smoothie-28343926. btw I love this fitsugar for all kinds of fitspiration; such a great site!)

In the original source, it shows a purple smoothie which I just don't understand unless if you can buy purple kale or something? Mine just took that light green color. But whatever, tastes awesome!

So here's the low-down:
You take,
3 oz (about 0.375 cups) of Vanilla Greek Yoghurt
1 tblspoon almond butter
1/2 cup blueberries (frozen is best but sometimes I'm too lazy and it honestly makes no difference)
1/2 cup pineapple (again, frozen is suggested)
1 cup kale (you won't even taste it, take it from a girl who normally really dislikes the taste of this veggie)
3/4 cup water (or ice or however much it takes to get the consistency you like)

Then just blend all the above together and VOILA! And I know what you're thinking: you're looking at that pic up there and thinking "ummmm, no thank you, I'll pass..." but SERIOUSLY try this thing, you won't regret it! It tastes SO much better than it looks; it's a kinda sweety sour taste from the pineapple with a bit of almondy-ness. And the health benefits are incredible: protein and calcium from the yogurt, healthy fibers from the kale, belly fat-fighting blueberry and pineapple, and more protein n healthy fats from the almond. PLUS, if that's not enough for ya, the whole thing is under 300 calories! Perfect for a quick breakfast or pre-/post-workout shake!

So yeah, I'm clearly in love with this stuff so I hope you like it too. Either way though, let me know what you think if you do try it out! Also, let me know if yours is actually purple; that whole thing still perplexes me :p

Till later! xo

~SV

3 comments:

  1. sounds delicious! althoughis quite bitter lol

    Hope you visit my blog & follow me
    BlogLovin' | BreezeyBee Blog | International Giveaway
    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah a bit but I like it. Love your blog! <3

      Delete
  2. This looks delicious, I'm definitely gonna try this out for breakfast someday! :)
    Hope you're having a Fierce & Fabulous Sunday!
    xoxo
    Crystal

    My Blog, Crystal Chizoba
    My YouTube Channel

    ReplyDelete