Thursday, June 6, 2013

Pretty in Polka - Mexx Outfit of the Day

Hola senoritas!

Recently the sun's been coming out more often, it's getting warmer and brighter outside, and that just makes me happy! So out with the dark, cold clothes and in with the bright, fun, cute summery ones! Take a look:





So yeah, today I'm wearing everything Mexx (except for my shoes purchased somewhere in Serbia last summer) with these white pants I literally just bought yesterday and a loose polka shirt that's tucked in at the back so it doesn't look too big for me (thanks mum for letting me raid your closet! xo). Although it's a complete coincidence that my whole outfit is Mexx, I'm honestly not even surprised because I LOVE that store! They've got the perfect classy clothing you can wear for work or anywhere else when you wanna dress things up a little. Needless to say, their pieces play a significant role in my wardrobe ;P

As for hair and accessories, you'll notice I'm keeping it light today for work, but I've got my basic Mexx purse which I lug around everywhere, a couple of Sephora ribbon hair elastics (I'm always donning the hair elastics on my wrist or in my hair lol), and a simple messy (by nature, not choice haha) side braid. Nothing fancy! Though, now that I think of it, I totally could've used my blue/gold Aldo earrings or a nice necklace with this outfit...oh well! Onto makeup!

Sorry for the weirdness in these pics, they were taken early in the morning with different lighting because whatever :p

So I did something a little different with my eyes today too, as opposed to my regular neutral look, wearing just two light brown neutral base colours for lid and crease paired with new (for me) Sephora blues: #17 Sweet Dreams in the inner corner of the eyes, and the #14 Surfin' USA for both upper and lower lash lines. And then rounded off with Make Up Forever's Smoky Extravagant Mascara - it's my first time using this mascara as opposed to my Clinique High Impact Waterproof Mascara, but so far I'm liking it! Everything else is the same as usual, keeping it light for summer ^.^

Aaaaannnnnd yeah, that's pretty well that! Hope you're enjoying your day, and if you have any suggestions on how to wear blue eyeshadows, let me know! I'm dying to try out different looks with my new ones!

Till later!

~SV

No comments:

Post a Comment